Where can I find my client-side logs?
As part of submitting a bug report on our GitHub it would be very helpful if you also included log files. Below are instructions for getting log files based on which IDE you're using. You can attach the log files to the GitHub issue, or if you’d prefer, you can email them to email@example.com and reference the GitHub issue number in the subject.
- Reproduce the issue and then go to Help > Collect Logs and Diagnostic Data. This will open the finder where you should see a newly created zip file.
- Reproduce the issue and then open the Output view (“View: Toggle Output” from the command palette) and select "CodeStream" from the dropdown menu at the top-right. Copy all of the output you see and save it in a text file.
- Change the dropdown select to “CodeStream (Agent)” and grab that output as well.
- Go to Tools > Options > CodeStream and make sure your log level is set to at
Debug. If it is set to
Silent, change it to
Debug, then restart Visual Studio.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Grab vs-extension.log and vs-agent.log from
%localappdata%\CodeStream\Logsas well as the ActivityLog.xml from
%AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_<RandomText>for Visual Studio 2019 or
%AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_<RandomText>for Visual Studio 2017
- Open the command palette
- Search for and select "Codestream: Open Logs"
- In the tree view, a new folder named like
atom-codestream-should have been added
- Grab all the files in that folder